POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.animations : Flying book : Flying book Server Time
19 Jul 2024 11:38:09 EDT (-0400)
  Flying book
From: Remco de Korte
Date: 19 Nov 2002 08:56:10
Message: <3DDA42DE.960946A1@onwijs.com>
I haven't posted anything binary to the POV-groups for a long
time and now I thought I had something and it still doesn't
really "fit".
For an animation I'm supposed to be working on some time I
needed a flying book.
I also wanted to test a certain effect I was hoping to use for
this. I used the cartoon tutorial by H.E. Day and MegaPov for
rendering. It turned out better then I'd had hoped.
To showcase it I thought I'd better put it in a program, instead
of a movie loop. The resulting file, though animated, is not an
animation in the strictest sense and it's also too big a file
for posting here, so here is a link:
http://www.xs4all.nl/~remcodek/zip/flying_book.zip
This is guaranteed not to work on every system, because it only
runs on Windows and it needs at least 64MB RAM and a fairly
decent processor (runs fine on a 500Mhz), but I guess that's not
really a problem for the average POV-er.
If and once the entire animation is on its way to be finished
I'll try to post more.

Remco